Please read carefully before submitting a nomination! Nomination fees are NON REFUNDABLE.
The Sonic Bloom awards seek to recognize independent creators who are currently creating, managing or consulting in the podcast industry. “Independent” refers to any person who is podcasting without the support or funding from a corporation or non-profit organization. This includes cis and trans women, non-binary people, gender non-conforming people, and those who are all around gender fabulous who have been under-served in the podcast community.
There are categories that are asking you to nominate a person, host, or member of the community and categories to nominate a podcast specifically. You may nominate yourself or your show, or you may nominate any person or show of your choosing, as long as they meet the eligibility requirements.
English language entries only, at this time.
Each entry fee allows you to enter one nomination in up to three categories. If you’d like your nomination to be considered for more than three categories, that will be considered another nomination and you’ll need to fill out an additional nomination form. If you work for or represent a company or organization, we appreciate you paying the corporate entry fee. This is a fee based on YOU and NOT who you are nominating.
If you are an independent creator, you may pay the independent creator fee.
- Independent Creators — $50.
- Corporate Creators — $125.
Payments may only be made by credit card. All entry fees are non-refundable.
AWARDS TIMELINE (subject to change)
Submission Period – Monday, January 30 – Friday, March 31
Submission Deadline – Friday, March 31, 2023
Finalists Announced – May 1
ELIGIBILITY AND RULES
- Eligibility: Any person who is cis woman, trans, or otherwise gender fabulous that is currently creating, consulting on or managing a podcast without a “corporate budget” (large corporate employment, including freelancers who work for a corporation) are eligible to enter and be nominated for the 2023 Sonic Bloom Awards. The nomination can be affiliated with an independent network, as long as it is not funded by a large corporation. Nominees should be currently involved in the podcasting industry in some way.
- Nominations MUST be submitted by Friday, March 31, 2023.
- Entry Review: Entries will be screened for eligibility. It is the responsibility of the submitter to determine and select the appropriate category. The awards committee reserves the right to move entries to appropriate categories and/or dismiss inappropriate or incomplete submissions.
- Judging: All entries will be considered in whole and evaluated by an esteemed panel of judges. The judges panel is made up of podcast thought leaders, legacy podcasters, sponsors, and individuals of the committee’s choosing to vote.
- Category Cancellation: At least six entries must be submitted in a category or the category may be canceled or combined. If a category is canceled, entries will be reassigned to other categories with permission of the submitter or the fee can be refunded.
The award show will take place during She Podcasts LIVE!, on Wednesday, June 21 at 8:00PM at the MGM National Harbor in Washington DC.
HOW TO ENTER
Click here to access the entry form. When completing the entry form, you will be given a chance to explain or defend your nomination. You will also be able to include links to episodes, websites, social media or any other evidence to support your nomination etc. that best represents the quality of the work for the judges to review.
Be sure to check that you have chosen the appropriate category for your submission.